|Several people have asked for this, so here it is. My husband's yummy homemade mac-and-cheese recipe. This is the first thing he ever cooked for me after we'd been dating for a few months. Too bad only one of my three kids likes it (for now).|
|16||Oz||Uncooked Macaroni||1||Sweet Onion -- Chopped|
|Shells, Elbows, Or Whatever||2||Tbsp||Flour -- More Or Less|
|1/2||Lb||Velveeta||1/4||C||Milk -- More Or Less|
|4-6||Oz||Cheddar Cheese Block -- More Or Less||bread crumbs - optional|
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- Cut the Velveeta and cheddar cheese into cubes. Place the cheeses in a saucepan. Slowly melt the cheeses over med heat, stirring frequently. (Can also be done in the microwave - just heat in small time increments to avoid burning and stir often.)
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add onion and saute until golden brown. Remove from heat. Add flourand milk to onions and stir to make a goopy mess.
- Combine pasta, melted cheese, and onion mixture in a large bowl or pot. Stir well. Add more milk as needed to attain desired consistency.
- If desired, put macaroni and cheese in a greased, oven safe casserole and top with bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins, or until a golden crust forms.