Thursday, October 20, 2005

Bracelets

I've never succombed to getting one of those plastic bracelets that support various causes - a trend started by Lance Armstrong and his foundation. I've been tempted, but haven't actually done it. Partially because I know my husband will laugh, and I just don't want to deal.

But I found one that convinced me.

Breastfeeding Protection Initiative

Really, I don't have a problem with moms that use formula, either by choice or necessity. But I do have a problem with a culture that has a problem with breastfeeding in public. Using my breasts for what nature designed them for is "disgusting" and should be hidden, but using my breasts for sexuality is prefectly fine and even encouraged.

How screwed up is that?

1 comment:

Dani said...

http://www.one.org/

There is a braclet that I wear. :-)